1 What does the ‘Judicial Review’ function of the Supreme Court mean?
2 The disputes regarding the election of the President and Vice-President of India are decided by the
3 The Supreme Court if India enjoys
4 What makes the Judiciary the guardian of the Constitution?
5 Who holds the power to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court?
6 Who has the right to seek advisory opinion of the Supreme Court of India, on any question of law?
7 Sovereignty of Indian Parliament is restricted by
8 Which one of the following subjects comes under the common jurisdiction of the Supreme Court and the High Court?
9 The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is appointed by
10 Who is authorised to transfer the judges of one High Court to another High Court?
11 Why did one of the High Courts in India decree that the ‘bandhs are unconstitutional and punitive’?
12 The judges of the High Court hold office
13 The Chief Justice of a High Court is appointed by
14 On which of the following grounds can a judge of the High Court be impeached?
1. Violation of the Constitution
2. Proved misbehaviour
3. Incapacity to act as a judge
Select the correct answer using the code given below
15 With reference to Lok Adalats, which of the following statements is correct?
16 Power, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities are listed in which one of the following Schedules of the Constitution of India?
17 A college student desires to get elected to the Municipal Council of his city. The validity of his nomination would depend on the important condition, among others, that:
18 What was the reason for Gandhiji’s support to decentralisation of power?
19 Balwant Rai Mehta committee suggested that the structure of Panchayati Raj should consist of
20 In the context of Panchayati Raj, which one of the following is true about Gram Sabha?
21 The decision to conduct Panchayat Elections is taken by which of the following?
22 The Constitution (Seventy-Third Amendment) Act, 1992, which aims at promoting the Panchayati Raj Institution in the country, provides for which of the following
1. Constitution of District Planning Commission
2. State Election Commission to conduct all panchayat elections
3. Establishment of State Finance Commission
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
23 Which of the following has the powers to create a new All-India Service?
24 The expenses of Public Service Commission of a State (e.g. Punjab) are charged upon
25 A national political party is one which receives 4% of the total votes polled in
26 Who among the following is a non-Resident Indian (NRI)?
27 With reference to India, consider the following electoral system
1. System of direct election of the basis of adult suffrage
2. System of proportional representation by means of single transferable vote
3. List system of proportional representation
4. Cumulative system of indirect representation
Which of these have been adopted for various elections in India?
28 The functions of the Election Commission of India are
1. To conduct all the elections to Parliament and to State Legislature
2. To conduct election to the office of the President and the Vice-President
3. Th recommend imposition of President’s rule in a State where conditions are not conductive to holding of free and fair elections
4. The superintendence, direction and control of preparation of electoral rolls
Select the correct code
29 Which among the following countries was the earliest to give women the right to vote?
30 There is no provision in the constitution for the impeachment of the
31 Despotism is possible in a
32 Which one of the following political theories talks about the ‘Dictatorship of Proletariat’?
33 Socialism is opposed to
34 Which one among the following is NOT a constitutional body in India?