The Minister of Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has urged the Ministers of partner Ministries and all the Members of Parliament to extend full support to the ongoing Rashtriya Poshan Maah with outreach activities.
Details of Rashitrya Poshan Maah (National Nutrition Month):
- National Nutrition Month has eight Key Themes, namely, Antenatal Care, Optimal Breastfeeding, Complementary Feeding, Anemia, Growth Monitoring, Education; diet and right age of marriage for girls, Hygiene and Sanitation and Food fortification.
- All the Departments of the Government and other associated organisations have adopted an integrated approach towards accomplishing a target of malnutrition-free India.
- Social Media Updates pertaining to this campaign can be followed by using #PoshanMaah.
Details of Poshan Abhiyan:
- The Poshan Abhiyan is a visionary programme to address the nutritional challenges of the country.
- The programme seeks to bring convergence amongst various ministries to work in a coordinated manner so that malnutrition can be quickly and progressively reduced.
- The key features of this programme is mobilization of communities across the country and get their participation in addressing various aspects of the nutritional challenges.
- The primary aim is to enable awareness on the importance of nutrition and how individual families can easily access government services to supplement nutrition for their children and pregnant/lactating mothers.
- NNM targets to reduce stunting, under- nutrition, anaemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls) and reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively. Although the target to reduce Stunting is atleast 2% p.a., Mission would strive to achieve reduction in Stunting from 38.4% (NFHS-4) to 25% by 2022
(Mission 25 by 2022).
FACTS FOR STATE SERVICES
13TH PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN:
46TH CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA:
RANJAN GOGOI (To be announced soon)
TYPHOON TO HIT JAPAN:
Typhoon Jebi (meaning to Swallow)