Catching a Royal Bengal Tiger is tough. Catching an intelligent tigress “addicted” to
livestock is tougher, forest officials and veterinarians in Assam are finding out.
- The Orang National Park also known as Rajiv Gandhi Orang National Park which is located on the north bank of the Brahmaputra River in the Darrang and Sonitpur districts of Assam, India, covers an area of 78.81 square kilometres (30.43 sq mi).
- It was established as a sanctuary in 1985 and declared a national park on 13 April 1999.
- The park has a rich flora and fauna, including great Indian one-horned rhinoceros, pygmy hog, elephants, wild buffalo and tigers.
- It is the only stronghold of rhinoceros on the north bank of the Brahmaputra river.
- Pachnoi river, Belsiri river and Dhansiri River border the park and join the Brahmaputra river.
- It has the highest density of Royal Bengal Tiger in the country.