India and the United States sealed the landmark Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) that will lead to a new generation of bilateral military partnership.
(COMCASA EXPLAINED EARLIER WITHIN THIS MONTHS CURRENT AFFAIRS)
Other Notable points:
- With Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA), India has concluded three of the four foundational agreements with the U.S. that had been planned for years. It has already signed GSOMIA and LEMOA.
- About General Security Of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA):
- The GSOMIA allows sharing of classified information from the U.S.government and American companies with the Indian government and defence Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) but not with Indian private companies.
- About Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC):
- Helicopter Operations from Ships other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC) is a military international standardization program made up of 4 regional HOSTAC Conferences/Working Groups.
- These regional groups include the NATO HOSTAC, SIAN HOSTAC, Pacific HOSTAC and Middle East HOSTAC.
- The primary focus of this international forum is to generate the appropriate standards and maintain up-to-date national information in order to successfully and safely conduct cross-deck helicopter operations between
over 50 navies and coast guards.