NAMES OF US OFFICIALS:
- US Secretary of State: Mike Pompeo
- Secretary of Defence: Mike Mattis
FIRST INDIA – US 2+2 MEET IS BEING HELD AT:
- Ruling Party: Telangana Rashtra Samiti
- Chief Minister: K. Chandrasekhar Rao
- They were organised in Jakarta, Indonesia and Palembang, Indonesia.
- Jakarta is located on Java island in the southern hemisphere.
- These were the 18th Asian Games, also known as Jakarta – Palembang 2018.
- This was the first time that Asian games were co – hosted in two cities.
- China led the medal table for the tenth consecutive time.
- North Korea and South Korea marched under the Korean Unification Flag at the opening ceremony for the first time and competed as unified team for some events.
- The games saw 6 world, 18 Asian and 86 Asian Games records being broken.
- India finished eight both in terms of gold medals and the total tally.
- India’s medal tally is its highest ever. In terms of gold, it matched its best performance at the inaugural 1951 games held in New Delhi.
- Track and field remained the most productive discipline for India as it won seven events.
- Bhin Bhin – a greater bird of paradise, Kaka – A Javan Rhinoceros and Atung – A Bawean deer were the three mascots of 2018 Asian Games.
- 2022 Asian Games will be held in Hangzhou, an ancient Chinese city.
ROHINGYA COMMUNITY BELONGS TO:
Rakhine region of Myanmar.
WORLD BANK CHIEF:
Jim Yong Kim.
NATIONAL GREEN TRIBUNAL CHAIRPERSON:
Adarsh Kumar Goel