Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) Ships Kaga, an Izumo Class Helicopter Destroyer and Inazuma – a Guided Missile Destroyer arrived at Visakhapatnam on 07 October 2018.
- JIMEX-18 is aimed to enhance interoperability, improve understanding and imbibe the best practices of each other.
- The IN will be represented by three indigenously designed and built warships and a Fleet Tanker.
- The ships participating are INS Satpura, multipurpose stealth frigate, INS Kadmatt, Anti-Submarine
Warfare Corvette, Missile Corvette and INS Shakti, the Fleet Tanker.
- In addition, one submarine, P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and a number of integral
helicopters would also be participating in the exercise.
- The Indian ships participating would be under the command of Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi,
Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Fleet.